#ShortStory: Dear Fiancé, Thank You For Making Me Marry The Best Husband

Dear Fiancé, Thank You For Making Me Marry The Best Husband Graphics

Date:               Saturday, September 11, 2010         (10:15pm)

Subject:          Safe Journey Love

Hi love, I know you’d be surprised to receive this mail when it’s likely your plane is yet to take off, well it’s to let you know I’m missing you already, as well as to wish you a safe flight. Sincerely, I’m scared that we’d be far apart, but I know that the love we share would always keep our hearts together till you come back for me as promised. Please don’t be tempted by those ladies in U.S.A o! Just like i’d be faithful to you here, as you’re my first, only and last love.

Yours ever,

Stella.

PS: I’m using my dad’s phone to send this, but will visit the café often to mail you till I know how to reach you via phone calls. Make sure you stay in touch honey, as that’s what would make the love we share to keep growing at all time.

Date:               Saturday, September 18, 2010         (2:18pm)

Subject:          My Love

Hi love, I hope you are fine and already acclimatizing to the weather there? What about the family you’re staying with, I hope you’re being treated well? It was a hectic week for me here as usual, as my boss, step mum and dad almost killed me with chores. I can’t wait to return back to school for my H.N.D. So tell me, how has it been over there, how far about getting a job? (smile) Don’t mind me because I know it’s not easy getting a job there as well, but don’t worry you’d be favoured by God’s grace.

I saw Bayo and Prince yesterday, and they asked if I’ve been hearing from you, but not until after they’ve teased me by calling me ‘Iyawo Americana’ after seeing the ring you gave me on my finger, and I called them ‘Ore Americana’ too.

Let me hear from you honey, and remember I’d always love you. I miss you a lot too. Bye for now.

Yours ever,

Stella.

PS: Before clicking on the ‘send’ icon I blew you a kiss, make sure you receive it after reading this part.

Date:               Monday, September 20, 2010          (2:13am)

Recipient:       prettystella2000@gmail.com

Subject:          HELLO

I’m sorry it took this long to mail you, it’s because it hasn’t been that easy. I’m fine and the family I’m staying with are the best. It’s likely I start working at a bar next week, and I’ve been introduced to a Nigerian highlife singer here who after performing for him, requested I join his band for gigs. The weather is okay for now, but I’ve been warned to brace myself for winter.

Take care of yourself, and know that I care a lot.

Best regards,

Henry.

Date:               Friday, October 1, 2010                     (12:58pm)

Subject:          My Love

Hello love. Na wa for you o, you couldn’t even say you love me in your mail, well you’ve been pardoned before making an apology.

I’m home today being a public holiday, and it’s like it should continue forever as I didn’t have to leave home early to the office.

Honey, I’m missing you a lot, and wouldn’t hesitate to fly over even if it’s just for the weekend if it’s possible.

How about the job you told me about, and have you joined that band fully? Don’t worry, everything will be well for you because I always pray for you.

Honey, I’m a bit scared because my period is late, which is quite unusual. I’m beginning to feel funny too, and I pray it’s not pregnancy because my dad would kill me, and step mum would be the happiest woman on earth as I know she’s always praying for my downfall, but God won’t allow her succeed. I’d go for pregnancy test tomorrow, please pray that the result is negative.

Take care honey, and remember I’d always be yours.

Yours ever,

Stella

PS: I’d open a Facebook account today so that we’d be able to communicate better.

Date:               Sunday, October 3, 2010      (3:01pm)

Subject:          My Love

Hi love, hope you’re good, and why didn’t you reply my email or call me?

There’s fire on the mountain because I went for the test yesterday, and it was confirmed that I’m 6 weeks pregnant. I don’t know what to do and really scared. Please call me so that we can discuss.

Why didn’t you accept my friend request on Facebook, I can see that you updated your status recently? Henry I don’t seem to understand you again. Once again, please call me so that we can discuss. xoxo

Date:               Saturday, October 9, 2010    (1:05pm)

Subject:          My Love

Henry, what you’re doing is unfair; no calls, no SMS, no mails, no access to you at all, is that fair to you? I would have thought something bad happened to you, if not that you update your Facebook status frequently. I don’t want to believe you’ve abandoned me. Is this the undying love you promised me? Where has all the everlasting promises vanished into when you know I have no one but you? Now that I’m pregnant, you suddenly made yourself invincible. Well I still hope and pray that this is all a joke, and not that I’ve been abandoned.

Please call me as I’m confused and don’t know what to do about my condition, my step mum is already being suspicious.

Date:               Saturday, October 23, 2010  (11:12am)

Subject:          IT’S UNFAIR AND GOD WILL JUDGE

Henry, I have nothing else to say than ‘God will judge you.’ How could you be so heartless? I just want you to know that my pregnancy has been discovered, and I’ve been chased out of home after being severely beaten. I’ve been sleeping at that small church down my street since Thursday evening since I have nowhere else to go to. The pastor tried talking to dad, but that witch of a step mother didn’t allow him.

How I wish my mum is still alive, I know even if she’s mad at me for taking in, she would never throw me out. You know I have no other relatives or close friends to approach, yet you still neglected me, well God will judge. If you still care about me, I believe you still have my number.

Date:               Saturday, October 30, 2010  (1:12pm)

Subject:

Henry Azuka Chukwuma, now I know you do not have a heart, despite explaining my predicament to you, you still did not bother to call, TOO BAD!!! Yet you have the time to update your Facebook status as well as upload pictures. Thank you for calling me a pest because I knew your “How do I block a pest from disturbing me on Facebook?” post was about me. So I’m now a pest, and no longer the girl you love so much, not the girl you proposed to and deflowered before you travelled? Well, once again I repeat ‘God will judge.’

For your information, I no longer have a job as my company downsized and the supposed wayward girl has to be among those to lay off.

Date:               Saturday, December 25, 2010

Subject:          Hello

Hi Henry, how are you? Merry Xmas.

This is my 35th mail to you without response since I told you I missed my period, and now I’m a bit over four months pregnant without adequate care and love. It’s so sad to know that you don’t love me anymore after all we shared, it’s so sad to know that I mean nothing to you now when you knew no man has ever touched or seen me nude apart from you. Now I’ve been labelled as a wayward lady who got pregnant without a man claiming responsibility, well it’s not their fault, how would they know I got blinded by love and now being rejected by the same love.

I’m sending you this mail to make you aware of my pitiable state and maybe that would melt your hardened heart towards me. I’m presently working as an attendant for a woman that runs a restaurant, and I sleep at the shop after the close of business. I’m working for the woman because I have no choice even though she and her family are so hostile and rude. Yesterday her husband even threatened to beat me up over nothing, and I know I can’t stay here for long. I need to register for ante-natal as I need it a lot, as well as return back to school for my H.N.D, but I have no money to do this. Please kindly remember all we shared and send me money because I have no one else to turn to, my father has threatened to kill me if I set my foot into the house, and I know he can do it with that woman still with him. PLEASE, PLEASE and PLEASE Henry, you are the only one I can turn to.

Thanks in anticipation of a favourable response, and Merry Christmas once again.

Yours,

Stella.

Date:               Saturday, January 1, 2011

Subject:          Hello

Happy new year dear, may this year be our year of increase. I’m using a customer’s phone to send you this mail, this is a reminder of my last mail to you, please you’re the only one I’m counting on after God. Thanks.

Date:               Wednesday, January 6, 2011

Subject:          Hello

Henry, you won’t believe who I saw today, your friend Bayo came to eat at the canteen and couldn’t believe it was me he saw working there as a sales girl, and in that condition. Please show appreciation to him when next you guys chat online (he said you do that often) because he gave me a token for my upkeep, as well as his phone number to call just in case. Please don’t forget that I’m heavily banking on you about my care, pregnancy and returning to school. Bye dear.

Date:               Monday, February 14, 2011

Subject:          Hi

Henry, my boss chased me away today with the claim that I could not continue to sleep in her shop again with my condition, I’m now 6 months pregnant and can’t continue like this. I had to call Bayo to sleep over in his house till tomorrow, and remember I wouldn’t have been in this condition if you hadn’t cajoled me that sex would wax our love stronger despite knowing I was a virgin. Is this the stronger you meant for me? Please do something before something negative happens to me.

Date:               Thursday, February 17, 2011

Subject:          Hi

Now I know you’re a heartless human being Henry, I curse the day I met you and that day I allowed you make love to me. Bayo told me you didn’t reply the mails he sent to you via Facebook, and that you deleted his post on your wall. Is that fair? Now I know you’re just being wicked for no reason and God will surely reward you accordingly.

For the past 4 days I’ve been inconveniencing Bayo with my continuous staying with him in his one bedroom apartment, yet he has not complained for once. He tried seeing my dad to plead with him but was chased away, yet he showed no ill feelings towards me. He even had a heated argument with his sister in my presence who wanted him to chase me away when he begged her to accommodate me, but his response brought tears to my eyes. He asked her how she would have felt if she was the person in my shoes and someone assisting her is told to chase her away. He even went ahead by telling her he knows me not to be a wayward lady, but a victim of circumstances by his friend who took advantage of me. When I heard all those, I cried. I cried not only because of my pitiable condition, but because of Bayo’s wisdom, maturity and understanding. Here’s a guy that leaves the room for me to dress up, has not for once looked at me lustfully, and at the same time accommodating and feeding me. You are a terrible mistake in my life, a mistake I know will leave a stigma in my life but I’ve prayed to God for forgiveness and the strength to carry on.

How I wish it’s possible for all ladies in the world to recognize animals like you from afar, beasts that lies their way into our hearts, purse and eventually our pants. Don’t worry, God will reward you accordingly for the sorrow you are causing me.

Not yours again,

Stella.

PS: The pretence engagement ring you gave me now lies at the bottom of the canal close to where you once lived, you can get it there whenever you come back to Nigeria.

Date:               Sunday, September 11, 2011

Subject:          HELLO

Hi, it suddenly dawn on me that it’s exactly a year ago you travelled and I want to seize the opportunity to thank you for allowing me to find real love.

I got married last month to your friend Bayo, and he has given me a whole new meaning to what true love is. I gave birth 4 months ago to a beautiful baby girl who thank God looks every inch like me, and Bayo has been a wonderful father to her too.

We’ve moved from our one bedroom apartment to a bigger one, and Bayo now has a better job. He claims I’m the reason for his success, but I know it’s the other way around. Though I’m yet to return to school, I now have a petty business all thanks to my wonderful husband. We’re not yet as wealthy as desired, but we are comfortable and most importantly a very happy family. Every morning I thank God for giving me the husband that loves me beyond measure, the one that’s always truthful to me and understands me more than I do myself.

This mail is not to rub it in your face that I’m happy, but to show appreciation to you as earlier stated for driving me to real and unadulterated love, as well as let you know I’ve forgiven you because of that. Bye.

Best regards,

Stella Adekoya (Mrs.)

Femi Gabriel possesses various creative skills which include writing screenplays and short stories, photography, documentary filmmaking among others. He’s on various social networking media as @femidebonaire.

Advertisements

One thought on “#ShortStory: Dear Fiancé, Thank You For Making Me Marry The Best Husband

Comments are closed.